How To Create Successful Tourism Marketing Strategies With Websites And Apps. As with these tools, experiences can be shared by local AND online visitors.
A successful tourism destination marketing strategy for places of interest, theme parks, malls and museums offers awesome experiences for both local and online visitors.
In the last blog we showed How a tourism marketing campaign can be successfully built using interactive Storytelling and Gamification engagement to also involve visitors, who are not on site.
Aiming to get User-generated content in connection to your tourism destination. We showed with the place of interest example Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna, how a new tourism marketing industry can successfully work out.
With the result to generate content and sales funnels form both local and online visitors.
User-generated Content is what a contemporary tourism marketing strategy wants to cultivate and thrive.
→ Now find out what it needs to successfully realize this marketing strategy involving social media apps and tourism marketing websites. Aiming to inspire and engage local and online visitors to create own destination related content.
Never forget the tourism marketing experts mantra is to achieve the word-of-mouth recommendation momentum. This word-of-mouth recommendation in a digital age equals User-generated content marketing (UGC).
How a Effective Tourism Marketing Strategy Involves Visitors by Using Storytelling Apps and Tourism Marketing Improved Websites
Tourism marketing techniques involving apps are great in combination with a User-generated content improved website. Contemporary and successful tourism marketing industries combine these two within a User-generated content (UGC) social media marketing strategy.
Integrating authentic User-generated content into a marketing strategy means: Creating Tools for users to better experience and share the sightseeing momentum.
→ Destination visitors strongly want to share their awesome travel experiences and impressions via social media. Therefore a App and a improved website are the perfect User-generated content social media marketing platform tools to accelerate this willingness for word-of-mouth recommendation.
People Are Happy To Be Involved In A UGC Campaign. They love sharing their impressions!
→ People love to be involved into a User-generated content tourism marketing campaign. They want to be part of the story and entertainment a theme park, museum, mall or places of interest offers.
A contemporary tourism marketing strategy offer possibilities and tools for visitors to join into this experience and share the impression.
Imagine you are at a theme park in London and experience a awesome day.
- You use the Theme Park UGC App during your waiting time and get an extra experience boost at every location in the theme park with gamification and storytelling.
- During you are waiting to get access to the next attraction you are inspired by interactive storytelling. This expands the story universe of the attraction and the theme park with sparkling new entertaining back ground stories and gamified challenges.
→ The App expands what the theme park offers with new online theme park experiences within the App. And at the same time engages to share the theme park experience using the social media connections in the App.
→ And all the User-generated content experiences evolving out of App are bundled on the UGC improved website of the theme park. The UGC improved website becomes the online social melting pot for all the theme park enthusiasts.
People are happy to be involved into a UGC Campaign. They love sharing their impressions!
And now imagine a App scenario, where online interactions between people at the theme park and people, who are not on site takes place!
→ Resulting that the App and the Website are perfect Tools to share the theme park experience for both visitors and people, who are not on site.
→ Meaning people can participate in the experience the theme park offers even if the are not on site.
– User-generated content social media marketing is the digital way of word-of-mouth recommendation.
- UGC App and A UGC Website create a word-of-mouth social media experience biotope for both Local AND online Visitors.
- Integrating an App into a social media campaign means boosting your destination user engagement with User-generated content. From both local and online visitors.
- The website is the basis for the User-generated content activities. And the place where the content sales funnel leads to.
- Your UGC improved website can be the perfect tourism online shop for both local and peeps, who are not on site.
A Tourism Marketing Campaign Best Practice Example Combining APP and Website
Reminder: Contemporary Tourism marketing always wants to achieve digital word-of-mouth recommendation so called User-generated content (UGC).
Schönbrunn Secret Tale Project is an extension to what the famous tourism place of interest Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna offers. It contains awesome storytelling within a gamified App experience combined with a UGC improved website. The website is a User-generated content marketing strategy social media junction.
- → Through the mechanics within the App and the connection to the website local visitors can collect research material about the hidden and magical secrets in the palace garden of Schönbrunn castle.
- → Local and people who are not on site can share the collected material and discuss the question online „Do certain places in the palace park have a mystical background“
- → Online visitors, who can not be on site, can interact and expand this research material. They can participate in the interactive destination storytelling experience online.
- → Resulting that the visitor numbers are multiplied many times by online visitors, who can now create their own Schönbrunn Palace Park related content ..
- → .. which again is digital word-of-mouth recommendation or so called User-generated content marketing.
Apps Can Boost User-Generated Content Flow & A UGC Website Is The Perfect Place Where The Content Sales Funnel Leads To.
Conclusion For A Successful Tourism Marketing Strategy
A tourism marketing strategy that does not integrate the visitors, who are not on site, means losing a very large and very potential online customer segment.
Contemporary online social media tourism marketing strategies are creating experiences for local AND online visitors. This by combining User-generated content campaigns with Apps and Websites.
Only by this highly valuable and authentic impressions of local and online visitors can arise in the social media in the forms of digital word-of-mouth marketing (UGC).
→ Apps are integrated Tools, which accelerate User-generated content (UGC)
→ A UGC improved website is the perfect junction for all your UGC activities.
→ UGC social media marketing strategies combining Apps and Website create the perfect content sales funnel.
→ By involving people online sales can be multiplied by many times.
This tourism marketing concept guarantees that your sales can be multiplied by many times by integrating people, who are not on site.
Involving people online, who are interested in your place of interest, theme park, mall or museum, makes a contemporary and successful tourism marketing strategy.
If you have questions about how to apply interactive storytelling and User-generated content to your social media channels →
→ I’ll give you a one-hour free coaching session to show you how to implement this in your social media.
Until Next Time…
Your New Digital Concept Team