Powerful social media initiatives have become essential for sustainable organization’s PR. Has public awareness in social media become vital for change making, sustainable organizations?
Yes! Contemporary change making sustainable organizations need to create social media awareness to survive. Sustainable social media initiatives have become essential for the development of sustainable organization´s PR.
The change making success and legitimation of sustainable organizations like SOA (Sustainable Ocean Alliance) has always been based on public awareness!
Public Awareness is a sustainable Organization´s Backbone
The question which arises: In a digital age, how can a sustainable organization develop and increase public awareness?
The answer seems obvious: In a digital age a sustainable organization like SOA best increases public awareness through social media!
Public Awareness in social media supports sustainable Organizations… to literally save life & humanity from certain extinction!
And what are fresh marketing strategies to boost awareness in social media? My experience as a CCO during the Economist’s World Ocean Summit 2018 social media campaign shows:
- Awareness can only be created with innovative social media marketing strategies and new social media concepts
- Sustainable organizations like SOA can be the change, which the world desperately needs! But only by creating awareness in social media SOA can get the public support needed!
→ What can sustainable organizations like SOA do to increase public awareness in social media? To literally save our ocean and our planet?
→ And what can fresh & innovative social media marketing strategies do? Aiming to support sustainable organizations like SOA to literally save human mankind from certain extinction?
→ How can NDC support organizations like SOA find solutions for our ocean? In terms of plastic pollution, over fishery and climate change?
Why Social Media as a PR-Tool is Vital for every Sustainable Organization
First of all: Yes, it is possibly to reach decisive people via social media and increase public awareness for ocean sustainability. And Yes, it is possible to make a significant change regarding plastic pollution, over fishery and climate change!
Sustainable organizations like SOA can be the driving force, which the world desperately needs. And we digital marketers can support sustainable organizations to achieve the vital goal. And literally contribute our part to save life and human mankind from certain extinction!
Awareness in a digital age means for PR, public awareness and engagement in social media!
The NDC has set itself the goal of supporting organizations such as SOA in achieving public awareness and get the support needed!
We are committed to this goal and help organizations like SOA get the message across to the key people through social media. No matter if they are Millennials, business leaders or governmental leaders!
- We are committed to supporting sustainable organizations like SOA with establishing a new sustainable social media marketing PR strategy concept
- To get the public awareness and support needed to make a significant change!
The fundamental question is
- How can we support sustainable organizations to solve the problems of plastic pollution, over fishery and climate change?
- How can SOA create this very vital social media awareness PR? To solve the problems we all are confronted with?
Why UGC and Sustainability is a 100% matching Win-Win: The World Ocean Summit 2018
My experience during the User-generated content social media campaign for the Economist’s World Ocean Summit 2018 clearly shows
We need to involve Millennials in sustainable issues to succeed in our vital mission for the survival of life and humanity!
- Millennials represent the power backbone of the digital society!
- Millennials share the vision to change the world!
- Millennials want to make a significant change!
- They have the powerful mindset and self-confidence to do it!
- They know & feel that they can solve the problems, which generations before left behind
- They are convinced they can save life on planet earth!
- They are not afraid of this great task!
Millennials are the driving force. Millennials playfully find solutions to plastic pollution, overfishing and climate change!
My social media experience also shows: There is only one way to successfully reach Millennials in a digital social media dominated age! Only one way, which accepts, nourishes and inspires Millennials valuable opinions! Only one way, which engages and inspires Millennials to find and realize the needed solutions!
This certain social media strategy inspires and challenges Millennials to discuss own experiences. To find solutions!
This sustainable social media marketing concept involves Millennials in social media. And supports sustainable organizations to make the significant change! Together. It is called User-generated content (UGC).
Also known as influencer marketing, or simply digital word-of-mouth: It is a proven social media concept to reach Millennials, to give them a platform and most important to give Millennials a voice.
86% of Millennials believe that UGC is a good indicator of the credibility of a sustainable organization
→ But why is UGC so powerful? How does UGC boost social media awareness and engagement for my sustainable organization? How do I get the public support I vitally need for my sustainable organization?
New social media marketing concepts support sustainable organizations to increase vital awareness. And get public support.
Let me give you a short example how UGC successfully increased public awareness & engagement for sustainable organizations in social media.
In our Cooperation with SOA (Sustainable Ocean Alliance) and the Economist, we created a successful UGC Campaign. This social media initiative created about 7300 visits on the SOA Landing Page within a time period of 3 weeks.
What SOA, The Economist and the NDC did?
- We created UGC posts that gave Millennials Ocean Youth Leaders a voice on the Economist social media platform.
- With the primary aim to invite Ocean Youth Leaders to the Economist World Ocean Summit 2018. Giving them a chance to develop the essential solutions the ocean needs!
The Campaign generated about 7300 visits on the SOA application landing page in about 3 weeks just before the summit. With a Minimal effort of:
- 18 UGC posts on each of the 3 social media platforms
- And an AD budget of 120 Dollar!
- Created in collaboration with NDC and SOA Social Media Manager. Published on the social media platforms of the Economist
And the World Ocean Summit Onsite UGC event is currently in full swing!
The good feedback, success and secret sauce of this social media marketing strategy? It’s very simple: Influencer marketing, digital word-of-mouth, so called User-generated content (UGC) and Sustainability share both the same core values!
It’s all about
- Community values
- Transparency and Authenticity
- and Collaboration
And UGC is not per se about user-generated content like commenting. It’s all about the spirit – yeah. It’s all about spreading the spirit and news .. like a bushfire!
In measurable marketing terms, this means
- Increased brand awareness and engagement in social media
- Including a content funnel, which leads to SOA Summit application form landing page (7300 visits)
- Through the power of UGC!
(I’m kinda very proud to have created this campaign together with Davide, Audrey, Dinesh, Daniela and Rachael .. But most of all I´am very satisfied because the goal is bigger than me, even bigger than the NDC and SOA. And even bigger than The Economist!
World Ocean Summit 2018 Campaign
We do it with the goal to support the relevant people to find solutions and literally save humanity and life on planet earth! … I´m very proud of our successful work guys!!)
MY CONCLUSION on How To Increase PR Awareness for Sustainable Organizations
… to literally save life & humanity from certain extinction
The needs for sustainable companies and organizations to create public awareness is crucial. Not only crucial for the survival of the sustainable organization. But also crucial for the survival of life on planet earth itself..
Why? Because awareness in a digital age means for PR, public awareness and engagement in social media!
Ignoring this fact means not reaching the all-important people. And it also means losing vital organization support!
Vital awareness is best created with new social media concepts
Only by public awareness in social media, the necessary and vital changes can be successfully realized!
- Social media awareness and engagement through new media marketing concepts will help sustainable organizations to increase this vital awareness.
- Aiming to successfully engage Millennials, industry leaders and government officials through social media
- Millennials are the driving force to realize the significant changes. Millennials playfully find solutions to plastic pollution, overfishing and climate change!
- And you create the best awareness and reach Millennials with Social Media UGC
→ Are you a CEO, CMO or Executive of a sustainable organization?
→ Then let’s work together and improve the world!
Get more details about what powerful UGC can do. And see what other people asked us about UGC at our virtual World Ocean Summit 2018 booth!
We have a FREE Premium Social Media Whitepaper just for you