Are you interested in tracking, measuring and increasing business ROI results of social media marketing? Find an applicable ROI analysis. As well as a proven definition for successful social media ROI tracking, measurement and optimization.
In this special social media ROI blog series, CEOs and CMOs find all the essentials about calculating social media ROI. This SMM ROI blog series helps increase ROI business results through social media marketing.
It grew out of my experience as CEO of a Content Marketing Agency. I realized that many social media guys cannot explain business ROI benefits of social media marketing to their customers, CEOs and CMOs.
They can not determine the business ROI benefits of social media campaigns. Which is a problem for the CEO.
As a CEO, I know how important it is to consider business ROI results when evaluating social media marketing costs.
A key result is at least a 1:2 social media marketing ROI over a determined period of time
That’s why it is decisive to track, measure, analyse and optimize SMM ROI centred around ONE thing only: THE POS
Clients regularly ask me one thing first: How do I calculate and manage engagement and business ROI outcomes of a social media marketing campaign?
At the bottom line for every decision making CEO the social media ROI result is the basis to evaluate marketing investment success or failure.
That’s why I wrote this blog series about ways to measure, calculate and optimize social media ROI. This series consists of 6 parts that show how the ROI of social media marketing can be increased.
- PART 1: How to measure and evaluate social media marketing ROI results
- PART 2: How to measure business ROI along social media marketing engagement
- PART 3: A guideline how to optimize social media ROI along focusing on the right spots
- PART 4: A social media ROI analysis and social media ROI cycle definition
- PART 5: A social media ROI case study and social media ROI statistics
- PART 6: A proven definition for successful social media ROI measurement and ROI optimization
Let me explain you the basic problem of determining a successful social media ROI strategy:
→ The major questions every decision making CEO faces in evaluating success or failure of social media marketing.
- Did the company grow involving social media marketing?
- Are social media ROI results defined, measured and analyzed purposefully?
- Can social media marketing ROI be optimized and increased?
The biggest challenge of a successful social media ROI strategy:
→ The ROI result directly depends on where and what you measure!
- The Goal of the decision making CEO is to achieve business growth through social media
- In other words, there can only be one base pillar to determine social media ROI results
46% of marketers are not sure whether their social media channels have generated business revenue
My Personal Experience As CEO With Social Media Campaign ROI
- First, you need to know that social media marketing ROI is increased by increasing traffic in your content marketing funnel leading to the POS
- Secondly, social media ROI sales results are significantly increased, if you measure and track social media ROI engagement: The meaning of the user journey from social media to the POS is very important
- Thirdly, by identifying and determining the meaningful ROI gear wheels, you can better track, measure, analyze and optimize your social media content
These 3 steps increase the traffic in your content marketing funnel and increase the ROI of your social media marketing.
Meaning Social media ROI is calculated and increased by measuring, analysing and optimizing the traffic to the platform, where your core business revenue is generated: Your POS!
Identify The Key Gearwheel
I spoke with a digital marketing friend from New York yesterday and she told me that her POS was not online accessible: So she had to get really innovative by tracking online traffic centered around a offline POS to determine and improve social media ROI.
Meaning social media ROI measurement and optimization in a digital social media age is comparable to the adjustment of, let’s say: A Content Clockwork. That’s easy, right?
Let me tell you it isn´t. In 2019 the former social media marketing hourglass that was 10 years ago, has become a highly dynamic interactive Jaeger-LeCoultre movement!
- We constantly adapt our daily communication to new online social media tools
- This has made online marketing, social media marketing and most of all content marketing very complex over the last 10 years
Social media is evolving constantly: For example, when I talk to 18 or 20 year-olds, I see very clearly that about every 5 years, a new social media generation comes into play.
The use of social media platforms changes with speed of light. Contemporary marketing has to take this into consideration, if you want to determine a strategic social media ROI plan.
The task of a content marketing agency is to understand this dynamic social media clockwork and built upon it a value benefit for the user and the brand
Your business ROI can exponentially benefit from this interactive social media dynamics.
Content marketing can deliver great values for your users and your business growth! Your company’s social media ROI business can experience a exceptional boost with interactive content marketing strategies.
When users are inspired to share their brand experience online, this highly engaging brand recommendation, called user-generated content, works 24/7 for your brand
Social media marketing has developed in recent years and content marketing experts have become necessary.
- Content marketing experts need a certain understanding for the needs of online customers and social media dynamics
- Content marketing experts can measure and tune the gear wheels of a social media campaign for the long term benefit of your business ROI and your customers
- Content marketing experts love to increase brand engagement and brand awareness by inspiring and engaging customers
- Content marketing experts can turn social media engagement into social media brand ROI success stories
The advantages of considering content marketing to inspire and engage users will greatly increase ROI results through stronger brand engagement!
When someone talks badly about social media ROI for your business, ask yourself how many of your customers are still buying print. And how many are looking online to make the crucial buying decision.
Online Brand Awareness is the Backbone of a Business
CONCLUSION For The Successful Company Ceo From The Economic Social Media ROI Model
In recent years, online marketing channels and a new perception of customer-brand relationships have changed.
Along this, the way social media marketing ROI can be measured, tracked and increased has changed significantly.
- Social media platforms and new online communication tools are influencing the brand customer communication and social media marketing ROI
- New values and opportunities to increase ROI through social media have emerged in the context of this new media development
Most importantly, social media marketing ROI has reached the next level: Through highly engaging brand recommendations from users sharing brand experiences online.
These facts must be considered in order to track, measure, calculate, determine, optimize and increase the ROI of social media marketing.
Yet, only 20% of marketers say they can prove the impact of social media marketing campaigns quantitatively..