How To Engage And Inspire Local And Online Visitors. Shows how tourism marketing campaigns can be successfully built with storytelling and gamification.
A contemporary tourism destination marketing plan offers awesome experiences for both local and online visitors. The last blog showed why it is essential for the tourism business to include also online experiences into tourism marketing campaigns.
Now find out how this works including interactive storytelling marketing and gamification marketing to engage and inspire local and online visitors.
Remember tourism marketing experts always wanted to achieve the word-of-mouth recommendation momentum. The best way to get new destination visitors is to be recommended by a satisfied visitor, who had a great experience at the tourism destination.
Tourism marketing experts recommend including visitor statements into tourism marketing campaigns
How A Biotope For Visitors Can Be Created To better Produce And Share Real Visitor Generated Destination Content
In fact a selfie is like a postcard. The mechanics are the same. Your friends at home get an impression How your holiday stay has been. And most of all How your experience has been. Can you recommend the destination? This is actually word-of-mouth recommendation and in a tourism marketing concept this means word-of-mouth marketing.
Tourism marketing needs to understand that this word-of-mouth recommendation in a digital sense means User-generated content marketing (UGC).
And the tourism marketing industry wants to achieve a significant increase of User-generated content creating new tourism UGC social media marketing campaigns.
The tourism marketing trend in 2017 is to integrate storytelling and gamification into UGC tourism social media marketing campaigns to significantly increase this User-generated content.
→ Storytelling power inspires your destination visitors
→ Gamification motivates your destination visitors
→ Both intend to inspire and motivate visitors to create and share destination experience content
How Storytelling And Gamification Boost Tourism Marketing Campaign Engagement
→ A Best Practice Example: Schönbrunn Secret Tale
Digital Storytelling In Schönbrunn Secret Tale
Schönbrunn Secret Tale is an extension to what the famous tourist sightseeing castle Schönbrunn in Vienna offers. It expands the tourism business by telling a awesome interactive story about the mystical adventure and the hidden forces in the park at Schönbrunn palace.
The tourism marketing strategy is to expand the offers of Schönbrunn castle and increase online sales activities.
→ By including online visitors, who can not be on site, into the destination experience.
This kind of interactive tourism marketing storytelling technique opens up User-generated content possibilities from both local and online visitors.
- Through storytelling and the use of an app in combination with a website the story develops possibilities for local visitors to collect research material, which can be shared within the story mechanics online.
- And online visitors, who can not be on site, can interact and expand this research material online. They can participate in the destination story experience online. And they can create their own Schönbrunn Palace Park related content.
- The storytelling and the mechanics of the Website and the App involve and inspire visitors. Local and online visitors can create and share User-generated content research material about these mystical palace garden.
- And local and online visitors can share their own hero’s journey within this storytelling framework via the social media.
The Key To Your Visitors Is A Extraordinary Experience:
Gamification In Schönbrunn Secret Tale
Schönbrunn Secret Tale uses a branded gamification App as a Tool to boost User-generated content within the tourism marketing social media strategy.
The App expands the adventure, which the storytelling framework delivers by using game design elements to engage local and online visitors.
The gamification mechanism invites other local and online visitors to join the touristic adventure
This tourism marketing strategy gives both local and online visitors that extra fun boost during the touristic palace park adventure. The awesome power of gamification in tourism marketing is to involve and engage people to better get into the destination adventure story.
- The mechanics and attraction are the same like in popular games. Only that they are applied for a tourism marketing goal.
- Schönbrunn Secret Tale combines gamification challenges with social media task.
- Aiming to motivate local and online visitors to share personal experiences and research material about the hidden secrets of the garden in Schönbrunn via social media.
- Gamification is the way to give visitors an extra experience boost with a gamified destination experience.
Conclusion For Successful Tourism Marketing Campaigns
Tourism marketing campaigns have to create an inspiring, gamified destination experience biotope
→ Tourism marketing campaign storytelling and gamification apps are a inspiring and engaging framework for visitors.
→ With this tourism marketing tools and frameworks local and online visitors can better create and share their own touristic stories and destination experiences.
→ A.) By creating this tourism marketing campaign framework local AND online visitors, who are not on site, can be part of the tourism destination experience.
→ B.) By integrating online visitors, who are not on site, into tourism marketing campaigns new content sales funnels can be created. This allows destination online sales to be multiplied many times!
If you have questions about how to apply interactive storytelling and User-generated content to your social media channels →
→ I’ll give you a one-hour free coaching session to show you how to implement this in your social media.
Until Next Time…
Your New Digital Concept Team